Nagaland minister exhorts Naga border villagers
Kohima: Nagaland`s Minister for Youth Resources and Sports, Merentoshi R Jamir has called upon Naga villagers living along the Assam-Nagaland border areas to exhibit "love, kindness and spirit of accommodation" towards neighbouring Assamese people on the other side of the border.
Addressing a public function at Moayimti village under Mokokchung district of Nagaland yesterday, Jamir said tolerance, kindness and spirit of accommodation displayed by them (Naga villagers) would reflect on the image of the entire population of the state.
The minister said differences and petty issues arising from both sides should not be allowed to flare up as it would only disturb the time-tested neighborly relations between the two states.
He also encouraged the villagers in the border areas to always invite neighboring people to any public functions and festivals as it would further cement the friendship.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today