Nagaland MLAs to meet central leaders on Naga issue
Kohima: To impress upon central leaders to expedite the ongoing Naga peace talks for an early settlement of the protracted political conflict, all 60 members of the Nagaland assembly will proceed to New Delhi in August.
"All the legislators would proceed to Delhi to meet the central leaders to discuss vital issues pertaining to Naga political conflict," Kiyanilie Peseyie, speaker and convenor of Joint Legislators` Forum (JLF) on Naga political issue, said in a release here.
He urged all members of the house to reach New Delhi by August 6.
The Forum, formed two years back to facilitate the ongoing peace process, in its meeting on July 19 unanimously resolved that the legislators would resign en-masse to facilitate any interim political arrangement following a peace deal between the Centre and the Naga groups.
The NSCN(I M) has been in peace parleys with the Centre for over a decade towards finding an honorable settlement to the vexed Naga political conflict.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio as well as his predecessor S C Jamir, have on many occasions expressed their readiness to step down to pave the way for an alternative arrangement in the event of any political settlement of the Naga problem.
Meanwhile, apex tribal council Naga Hoho today appreciated the July 19 landmark decision of the Joint Legislators` Forum expressing their willingness to resign in the event of a political settlement.
The Hoho appealed to the Naga MLAs in Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh to follow the footsteps of Nagaland legislators in case of any peace agreement or political settlement in Naga inhabited areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'