Nagaland: Mothers demand probe into NRHM scam
Kohima: The apex women`s organisation
Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) has demanded a high-level
inquiry into the alleged anomalies in the implementation of
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the state.
In a representation to Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar,
the women urged him to order an investigation into the
"dubious implementation" of Centre?s flagship programme.
They alleged that there were many anomalies,
particularly Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), in Nagaland.
The mothers complained that the report submitted by
the commissioner and secretary of health was misleading and
contradictory, because "the replies and comments from the
concerned department on NMA memorandum were found to be vague,
evasive and not satisfactory".
Hardly any member from NMA or tribal women
organisations was included in State Health Mission or District
Health Societies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet