Nagaland: Mothers demand probe into NRHM scam
Kohima: The apex women`s organisation
Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) has demanded a high-level
inquiry into the alleged anomalies in the implementation of
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the state.
In a representation to Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar,
the women urged him to order an investigation into the
"dubious implementation" of Centre?s flagship programme.
They alleged that there were many anomalies,
particularly Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), in Nagaland.
The mothers complained that the report submitted by
the commissioner and secretary of health was misleading and
contradictory, because "the replies and comments from the
concerned department on NMA memorandum were found to be vague,
evasive and not satisfactory".
Hardly any member from NMA or tribal women
organisations was included in State Health Mission or District
Health Societies, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij