Nagaland: Mothers demand probe into NRHM scam
Kohima: The apex women`s organisation
Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) has demanded a high-level
inquiry into the alleged anomalies in the implementation of
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the state.
In a representation to Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar,
the women urged him to order an investigation into the
"dubious implementation" of Centre?s flagship programme.
They alleged that there were many anomalies,
particularly Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), in Nagaland.
The mothers complained that the report submitted by
the commissioner and secretary of health was misleading and
contradictory, because "the replies and comments from the
concerned department on NMA memorandum were found to be vague,
evasive and not satisfactory".
Hardly any member from NMA or tribal women
organisations was included in State Health Mission or District
Health Societies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest