Nagaland: Mothers demand probe into NRHM scam
Kohima: The apex women`s organisation
Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) has demanded a high-level
inquiry into the alleged anomalies in the implementation of
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the state.
In a representation to Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar,
the women urged him to order an investigation into the
"dubious implementation" of Centre?s flagship programme.
They alleged that there were many anomalies,
particularly Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), in Nagaland.
The mothers complained that the report submitted by
the commissioner and secretary of health was misleading and
contradictory, because "the replies and comments from the
concerned department on NMA memorandum were found to be vague,
evasive and not satisfactory".
Hardly any member from NMA or tribal women
organisations was included in State Health Mission or District
Health Societies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery