Nagaland MPs to contest assembly polls
Kohima: Both the Members of Parliament belonging to the ruling NPF in Nagaland -- Khekiho Zhimomi (Rajya Sabha) and C M Chang (Lok Sabha),-- would contest the February 23 assembly election in the state.
Zhimomi would be contesting from Ghaspani-I against Congress candidate Khegholi Aomi and Independent Candidate Jacob.
Chang would be contesting from Noksen under Tuensang district. He will be fighting sitting Congress MLA, H. Chuba Chang.
Both the MPs have still a year each to complete their tenure in their respective houses.
NPF president Dr Shrhozelie Liezietsu handed over the party ticket to Zhimomi and Chang yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP