Nagaland MPs to contest assembly polls
Kohima: Both the Members of Parliament belonging to the ruling NPF in Nagaland -- Khekiho Zhimomi (Rajya Sabha) and C M Chang (Lok Sabha),-- would contest the February 23 assembly election in the state.
Zhimomi would be contesting from Ghaspani-I against Congress candidate Khegholi Aomi and Independent Candidate Jacob.
Chang would be contesting from Noksen under Tuensang district. He will be fighting sitting Congress MLA, H. Chuba Chang.
Both the MPs have still a year each to complete their tenure in their respective houses.
NPF president Dr Shrhozelie Liezietsu handed over the party ticket to Zhimomi and Chang yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader