Nagaland MPs to contest assembly polls
Kohima: Both the Members of Parliament belonging to the ruling NPF in Nagaland -- Khekiho Zhimomi (Rajya Sabha) and C M Chang (Lok Sabha),-- would contest the February 23 assembly election in the state.
Zhimomi would be contesting from Ghaspani-I against Congress candidate Khegholi Aomi and Independent Candidate Jacob.
Chang would be contesting from Noksen under Tuensang district. He will be fighting sitting Congress MLA, H. Chuba Chang.
Both the MPs have still a year each to complete their tenure in their respective houses.
NPF president Dr Shrhozelie Liezietsu handed over the party ticket to Zhimomi and Chang yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video