Nagaland MPs to contest assembly polls
Kohima: Both the Members of Parliament belonging to the ruling NPF in Nagaland -- Khekiho Zhimomi (Rajya Sabha) and C M Chang (Lok Sabha),-- would contest the February 23 assembly election in the state.
Zhimomi would be contesting from Ghaspani-I against Congress candidate Khegholi Aomi and Independent Candidate Jacob.
Chang would be contesting from Noksen under Tuensang district. He will be fighting sitting Congress MLA, H. Chuba Chang.
Both the MPs have still a year each to complete their tenure in their respective houses.
NPF president Dr Shrhozelie Liezietsu handed over the party ticket to Zhimomi and Chang yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand