Nagaland MPs to contest assembly polls
Kohima: Both the Members of Parliament belonging to the ruling NPF in Nagaland -- Khekiho Zhimomi (Rajya Sabha) and C M Chang (Lok Sabha),-- would contest the February 23 assembly election in the state.
Zhimomi would be contesting from Ghaspani-I against Congress candidate Khegholi Aomi and Independent Candidate Jacob.
Chang would be contesting from Noksen under Tuensang district. He will be fighting sitting Congress MLA, H. Chuba Chang.
Both the MPs have still a year each to complete their tenure in their respective houses.
NPF president Dr Shrhozelie Liezietsu handed over the party ticket to Zhimomi and Chang yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"