Nagaland polls: Law and order to be Cong poll plan
Kohima: Law and order and corruption would
be the two major poll planks of the Congress when it takes on
Naga Peoples Front(NPF)-led ruling Democratic Alliance of
Nagaland(DAN) in the coming municipal elections and next
year’s assembly polls in Nagaland, party sources said on Sunday.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Nagaland Pradesh
Congress Committee(NPCC) and Congress Legislature Party(CLP)
here yesterday to discuss the present situation in the state
and to outline the party’s strategy to take on DAN in power
Elections to four municipal councils and 15 town
committees in the state is likely to be held in April and the
assembly poll is due in early 2013.
A copy of the resolutions adopted during the meeting,
made available to the media, said the municipal elections
would be an indicator of the next year?s assembly poll.
The battle for the assembly would begin in the coming
elections to urban local bodies itself since the NPF ``ensured
previous victories in every election through unconstitutional
means of money and muscle power`` for which Congress has
remained in the opposition for past nine years.
NPCC outlined two poll planks -- rampant corruption and
glaring nepotism leading to misuse of huge central funds and
lack of development, economic stagnation and escalating
unemployment besides, deteriorating law and order situation
causing escalation of factional feuds and unabated extortion
leading to sky rocketing of prices of commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre