Nagaland pro-tem speaker administered oath
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar on Thursday administered oath of office and secrecy to Namri Nchang, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, who was appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly.
According to an official bulletin, Nchang will administer oath to the elected members of the house and also conduct election for appointment of a full fledged Speaker.
The 12th assembly is scheduled to begin on March 14.
Nchang was elected from 6-Tenning constituency in Peren district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak