Nagaland pro-tem speaker administered oath
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar on Thursday administered oath of office and secrecy to Namri Nchang, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, who was appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly.
According to an official bulletin, Nchang will administer oath to the elected members of the house and also conduct election for appointment of a full fledged Speaker.
The 12th assembly is scheduled to begin on March 14.
Nchang was elected from 6-Tenning constituency in Peren district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured