Nagaland pro-tem speaker administered oath
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar on Thursday administered oath of office and secrecy to Namri Nchang, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, who was appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly.
According to an official bulletin, Nchang will administer oath to the elected members of the house and also conduct election for appointment of a full fledged Speaker.
The 12th assembly is scheduled to begin on March 14.
Nchang was elected from 6-Tenning constituency in Peren district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love