Nagaland pro-tem speaker administered oath
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar on Thursday administered oath of office and secrecy to Namri Nchang, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, who was appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly.
According to an official bulletin, Nchang will administer oath to the elected members of the house and also conduct election for appointment of a full fledged Speaker.
The 12th assembly is scheduled to begin on March 14.
Nchang was elected from 6-Tenning constituency in Peren district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected