Nagaland pro-tem speaker administered oath
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Nikhil Kumar on Thursday administered oath of office and secrecy to Namri Nchang, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, who was appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly.
According to an official bulletin, Nchang will administer oath to the elected members of the house and also conduct election for appointment of a full fledged Speaker.
The 12th assembly is scheduled to begin on March 14.
Nchang was elected from 6-Tenning constituency in Peren district.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions
- Thailand faces longest heatwave in 65 years
- Saina Nehwal enters Asia Championship quarters, PV Sindhu falls
- Father Salim backs Salman Khan's appointment as IOA ambassador