Nagaland receives Rs 600 crore under MGNREGA
Kohima: Nagaland`s rural development department has so far received over Rs 600 crore for implementation of flagship rural employment guarantee programme during the current year.
Nearly Rs 574 crore had been received as central assistance and Rs 27.35 crore as state matching share under the rural employment scheme so far during the current year, Parliamentary Secretary for rural development Pangnyu Phom
informed the house on Thursday.
Stating that there were nearly 3.69 lakh job card holders under MGNERGA in the state, he said that Kohima district had the highest number of job card holders followed by Dimapur and Tuensang districts.
Accordingly, Kohima district received the highest allocation of nearly Rs 100 crore followed by Dimapur which stood at Rs 72.76 crore, he said.
The ministers and parliamentary secretaries tabled copies of annual reports of their respective departments on the third working day of the current budget session.
The chief minister tabled the supplementary demands
for grants for the year 2011-12, and the report of first
Nagaland State Finance Commission along with action taken
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof