Nagaland receives Rs 600 crore under MGNREGA
Kohima: Nagaland`s rural development department has so far received over Rs 600 crore for implementation of flagship rural employment guarantee programme during the current year.
Nearly Rs 574 crore had been received as central assistance and Rs 27.35 crore as state matching share under the rural employment scheme so far during the current year, Parliamentary Secretary for rural development Pangnyu Phom
informed the house on Thursday.
Stating that there were nearly 3.69 lakh job card holders under MGNERGA in the state, he said that Kohima district had the highest number of job card holders followed by Dimapur and Tuensang districts.
Accordingly, Kohima district received the highest allocation of nearly Rs 100 crore followed by Dimapur which stood at Rs 72.76 crore, he said.
The ministers and parliamentary secretaries tabled copies of annual reports of their respective departments on the third working day of the current budget session.
The chief minister tabled the supplementary demands
for grants for the year 2011-12, and the report of first
Nagaland State Finance Commission along with action taken
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport