Nagaland receives Rs 600 crore under MGNREGA
Kohima: Nagaland`s rural development department has so far received over Rs 600 crore for implementation of flagship rural employment guarantee programme during the current year.
Nearly Rs 574 crore had been received as central assistance and Rs 27.35 crore as state matching share under the rural employment scheme so far during the current year, Parliamentary Secretary for rural development Pangnyu Phom
informed the house on Thursday.
Stating that there were nearly 3.69 lakh job card holders under MGNERGA in the state, he said that Kohima district had the highest number of job card holders followed by Dimapur and Tuensang districts.
Accordingly, Kohima district received the highest allocation of nearly Rs 100 crore followed by Dimapur which stood at Rs 72.76 crore, he said.
The ministers and parliamentary secretaries tabled copies of annual reports of their respective departments on the third working day of the current budget session.
The chief minister tabled the supplementary demands
for grants for the year 2011-12, and the report of first
Nagaland State Finance Commission along with action taken
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal