Narayanan takes oath as Sikkim`s acting Governor
Gangtok: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
on Tuesday took oath as the acting Governor of Sikkim as incumbent
B P Singh went on leave following his wife`s death.
Narayanan was administered the oath of office and secrecy
by Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice A H Saikia at
Raj Bhavan here this afternoon.
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, senior army and
civil officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
The Centre last week appointed Narayanan as the acting
Governor of Sikkim for the duration of Governor B P Singh`s
official leave for about 20 days in the wake of his wife
Karuna Singh`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'