Narayanan takes oath as Sikkim`s acting Governor
Gangtok: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
on Tuesday took oath as the acting Governor of Sikkim as incumbent
B P Singh went on leave following his wife`s death.
Narayanan was administered the oath of office and secrecy
by Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice A H Saikia at
Raj Bhavan here this afternoon.
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, senior army and
civil officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
The Centre last week appointed Narayanan as the acting
Governor of Sikkim for the duration of Governor B P Singh`s
official leave for about 20 days in the wake of his wife
Karuna Singh`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read