Narayanan takes oath as Sikkim`s acting Governor
Gangtok: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
on Tuesday took oath as the acting Governor of Sikkim as incumbent
B P Singh went on leave following his wife`s death.
Narayanan was administered the oath of office and secrecy
by Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice A H Saikia at
Raj Bhavan here this afternoon.
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, senior army and
civil officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
The Centre last week appointed Narayanan as the acting
Governor of Sikkim for the duration of Governor B P Singh`s
official leave for about 20 days in the wake of his wife
Karuna Singh`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof