Narayanan takes oath as Sikkim`s acting Governor
Gangtok: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
on Tuesday took oath as the acting Governor of Sikkim as incumbent
B P Singh went on leave following his wife`s death.
Narayanan was administered the oath of office and secrecy
by Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice A H Saikia at
Raj Bhavan here this afternoon.
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, senior army and
civil officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
The Centre last week appointed Narayanan as the acting
Governor of Sikkim for the duration of Governor B P Singh`s
official leave for about 20 days in the wake of his wife
Karuna Singh`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what