Narcotics seized in Aizawl
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Wednesday torched different kinds of drugs and narcotics seized by the state excise and narcotics and police departments, worth more than Rs 22.79 crore at the New Secretariat complex here.
The destruction of more than three kg of heroin, more than two quintal of ganja and other drugs were undertaken as part of the observance of the International Day Against Illicit Drug Trafficking.
The day was observed in Aizawl and other district headquarters in the functions organised by the state excise and narcotics department.
Meanwhile, the excise and narcotic department officials seized 22 kilograms of ganja reportedly smuggled from neighbouring Manipur yesterday at the Environment and Forests check-gate at Zemabawk near Aizawl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country