Narcotics seized in Aizawl
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Wednesday torched different kinds of drugs and narcotics seized by the state excise and narcotics and police departments, worth more than Rs 22.79 crore at the New Secretariat complex here.
The destruction of more than three kg of heroin, more than two quintal of ganja and other drugs were undertaken as part of the observance of the International Day Against Illicit Drug Trafficking.
The day was observed in Aizawl and other district headquarters in the functions organised by the state excise and narcotics department.
Meanwhile, the excise and narcotic department officials seized 22 kilograms of ganja reportedly smuggled from neighbouring Manipur yesterday at the Environment and Forests check-gate at Zemabawk near Aizawl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town