Narcotics seized in Aizawl
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Wednesday torched different kinds of drugs and narcotics seized by the state excise and narcotics and police departments, worth more than Rs 22.79 crore at the New Secretariat complex here.
The destruction of more than three kg of heroin, more than two quintal of ganja and other drugs were undertaken as part of the observance of the International Day Against Illicit Drug Trafficking.
The day was observed in Aizawl and other district headquarters in the functions organised by the state excise and narcotics department.
Meanwhile, the excise and narcotic department officials seized 22 kilograms of ganja reportedly smuggled from neighbouring Manipur yesterday at the Environment and Forests check-gate at Zemabawk near Aizawl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani