Narendra Modi congratulates new Nagaland CM TR Zeliang
New Delhi: Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Saturday congratulated T.R. Zeliang after he assumed charge as Nagaland`s new chief minister.
"Congratulations to T R Zeliang on taking oath as Nagaland CM. My best wishes and support in Nagaland`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
Earlier, Zeliang was sworn-in as Nagaland`s new chief minister by the state`s Governor, Ashwani Kumar. Eleven ministers also were administered the oath of office and secrecy apart from Zeliang.
Zeliang was elected as the Leader of the Legislature Party of Naga Peoples` Front and also the Leader of the Legislature Parties of Democratic Alliance of Nagaland-III.
Zeliang is the 17th chief minister of the state. On Friday, former chief minister Neiphiu Rio submitted his resignation to Governor Kumar. He now moves to the Lok Sabha after winning his seat in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!