Narendra Modi congratulates new Nagaland CM TR Zeliang
New Delhi: Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Saturday congratulated T.R. Zeliang after he assumed charge as Nagaland`s new chief minister.
"Congratulations to T R Zeliang on taking oath as Nagaland CM. My best wishes and support in Nagaland`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
Earlier, Zeliang was sworn-in as Nagaland`s new chief minister by the state`s Governor, Ashwani Kumar. Eleven ministers also were administered the oath of office and secrecy apart from Zeliang.
Zeliang was elected as the Leader of the Legislature Party of Naga Peoples` Front and also the Leader of the Legislature Parties of Democratic Alliance of Nagaland-III.
Zeliang is the 17th chief minister of the state. On Friday, former chief minister Neiphiu Rio submitted his resignation to Governor Kumar. He now moves to the Lok Sabha after winning his seat in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder