Narendra Modi finds relation with Modi clan of Arunachal
Pasighat: Members of a clan of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh had a reason to smile on Saturday when BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi tried to find a relation between them and his own family.
"There must be some relation between the clan and my ancestors as they have the same surname," Modi said while addressing the Vijay Sankalp Abhiyan rally here.
"The Modi clan of the Adi tribe with a population of around 7,000 must have relation with the Modis of Gujarat. It could be established if one ventures into the history," the BJP stalwart said.
"Lord Krishna from Dwarka (Gujarat) married Rukmini from Arunachal," he said. "So Arunachal and Gujarat had a relationship of over 1000 years."
Modi found out another relation between the two states as the sun rises first in Arunachal and sets last in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened