Narendra Modi finds relation with Modi clan of Arunachal
Pasighat: Members of a clan of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh had a reason to smile on Saturday when BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi tried to find a relation between them and his own family.
"There must be some relation between the clan and my ancestors as they have the same surname," Modi said while addressing the Vijay Sankalp Abhiyan rally here.
"The Modi clan of the Adi tribe with a population of around 7,000 must have relation with the Modis of Gujarat. It could be established if one ventures into the history," the BJP stalwart said.
"Lord Krishna from Dwarka (Gujarat) married Rukmini from Arunachal," he said. "So Arunachal and Gujarat had a relationship of over 1000 years."
Modi found out another relation between the two states as the sun rises first in Arunachal and sets last in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj