Narendra Modi finds relation with Modi clan of Arunachal
Pasighat: Members of a clan of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh had a reason to smile on Saturday when BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi tried to find a relation between them and his own family.
"There must be some relation between the clan and my ancestors as they have the same surname," Modi said while addressing the Vijay Sankalp Abhiyan rally here.
"The Modi clan of the Adi tribe with a population of around 7,000 must have relation with the Modis of Gujarat. It could be established if one ventures into the history," the BJP stalwart said.
"Lord Krishna from Dwarka (Gujarat) married Rukmini from Arunachal," he said. "So Arunachal and Gujarat had a relationship of over 1000 years."
Modi found out another relation between the two states as the sun rises first in Arunachal and sets last in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed