Narendra Modi finds relation with Modi clan of Arunachal
Pasighat: Members of a clan of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh had a reason to smile on Saturday when BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi tried to find a relation between them and his own family.
"There must be some relation between the clan and my ancestors as they have the same surname," Modi said while addressing the Vijay Sankalp Abhiyan rally here.
"The Modi clan of the Adi tribe with a population of around 7,000 must have relation with the Modis of Gujarat. It could be established if one ventures into the history," the BJP stalwart said.
"Lord Krishna from Dwarka (Gujarat) married Rukmini from Arunachal," he said. "So Arunachal and Gujarat had a relationship of over 1000 years."
Modi found out another relation between the two states as the sun rises first in Arunachal and sets last in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon