Narendra Modi to start poll campaign in Arunachal on March 31
Itanagar: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will kickstart the poll campaign for his party here on March 31 for the April 9 Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in the state.
Modi is scheduled to address the "Asha Ki Nayi Kiran" rally at Indira Gandhi Park here, party`s state unit president Tai Tagak said during a press conference here this afternoon.
"We have constituted several committees to make the rally a grand success similar to the February 22 rally at Pasighat in East Siang district" Tagak said.
He said, former minister Talo Mugli has been appointed as the organising committee chairman for the March 31 rally.
"Modi has a strategic vision for the North East, specially for Arunachal Pradesh, which will be announced during the rally," Tagak said adding, internal security, law and order and border row would be the priorities for the party if voted to power.
"Modi has a vision for land-locked Arunachal which will be beneficial for all irrespective of political affiliation," he said.
After Itanagar, Modi would address rallies at Gogamukh, Biswanath Chariali and Tinsukia in Assam.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch