Nathu La border trade to resume on May three next
Gangtok: Border trade for this year will
resume at Nathu La, located at an altitude of 14,200 feet on
the Sino-India frontier, on May three next, an official
release said on Monday.
The process for issuance of trade passes for interested
traders for their participation at the annual border trade
will soon begin at the East Sikkim District Collector`s office
soon, the release said.
The traders have been asked to submit their application
with the authorities for issuance of passes to them, it said.
The number of goods on trade list remains unchanged for
this year with 29 items on export list form India and 15 items
on import list from Tibet Autonomous region.
The historical Nathu La border trade had commenced in
2006 between India and China after a gap of over 40 teams
after the two countries had signed an agreement for re-opening
the silk route for biteral trade involving the traders of
Sikkim and Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR).
The last year`s trade had been beneficial for the Indian
traders who had registered an export volume at Rs. 1.35 crore.
The import volume had stood at Rs. 2.96 lakh with the
Indian traders evincing little interest in importing goods
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened