NCC greatest cohesive forces of nation: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
on Thursday said National Cadet Corps (NCC) has been true to its
motto and emerged as one of the greatest cohesive forces of
"The NCC has succeeded in bringing together youths
from various parts of the country and moulding them into
united, secular and disciplined citizens of the nation," he
said when interacting with a NCC contingent from North East
who participated in the recent Republic Day parade in New
NCC has been able to motivate the young boys and girls
to be better citizens, inculcate comradeship, discipline,
leadership, secular outlook and ideals of selfless service
among them, he said at a tea party hosted by him for the
"The kind of exposure you have all acquired while
taking part in Republic Day parade will instill plenty of
confidence in you and help you to stand in good stead in the
future," Gogoi said.
The NER contingent this year comprised 156 cadets and
six service officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?