NCP, Aam Admi Party and PPA to jointly contest polls
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP, the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and the Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) have decided to jointly contest the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections in the state slated for May 16.
All the parties in a meeting yesterday decided to put up joint candidates for municipal and panchayat elections and also reached a seat sharing agreement in 30-member municipality in Itanagar and Naharlagun, party sources said here today.
"The decision has been taken in view of public frustration and sense of discontentment against the ruling Congress government in the state," a press statement issued by combined media secretary Kaling Jerang said.
"Such a strategy is the need of hour and the combined force will defeat the Congress policy of divide and rule and help forming a very vibrant, transparent and secular municipality in Itanagar," Jerang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman