NCP, Aam Admi Party and PPA to jointly contest polls
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP, the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and the Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) have decided to jointly contest the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections in the state slated for May 16.
All the parties in a meeting yesterday decided to put up joint candidates for municipal and panchayat elections and also reached a seat sharing agreement in 30-member municipality in Itanagar and Naharlagun, party sources said here today.
"The decision has been taken in view of public frustration and sense of discontentment against the ruling Congress government in the state," a press statement issued by combined media secretary Kaling Jerang said.
"Such a strategy is the need of hour and the combined force will defeat the Congress policy of divide and rule and help forming a very vibrant, transparent and secular municipality in Itanagar," Jerang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'