NCP, Aam Admi Party and PPA to jointly contest polls
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP, the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and the Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) have decided to jointly contest the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections in the state slated for May 16.
All the parties in a meeting yesterday decided to put up joint candidates for municipal and panchayat elections and also reached a seat sharing agreement in 30-member municipality in Itanagar and Naharlagun, party sources said here today.
"The decision has been taken in view of public frustration and sense of discontentment against the ruling Congress government in the state," a press statement issued by combined media secretary Kaling Jerang said.
"Such a strategy is the need of hour and the combined force will defeat the Congress policy of divide and rule and help forming a very vibrant, transparent and secular municipality in Itanagar," Jerang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok