NCP, Aam Admi Party and PPA to jointly contest polls
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP, the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and the Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) have decided to jointly contest the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections in the state slated for May 16.
All the parties in a meeting yesterday decided to put up joint candidates for municipal and panchayat elections and also reached a seat sharing agreement in 30-member municipality in Itanagar and Naharlagun, party sources said here today.
"The decision has been taken in view of public frustration and sense of discontentment against the ruling Congress government in the state," a press statement issued by combined media secretary Kaling Jerang said.
"Such a strategy is the need of hour and the combined force will defeat the Congress policy of divide and rule and help forming a very vibrant, transparent and secular municipality in Itanagar," Jerang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video