NCP, Aam Admi Party and PPA to jointly contest polls
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP, the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and the Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) have decided to jointly contest the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections in the state slated for May 16.
All the parties in a meeting yesterday decided to put up joint candidates for municipal and panchayat elections and also reached a seat sharing agreement in 30-member municipality in Itanagar and Naharlagun, party sources said here today.
"The decision has been taken in view of public frustration and sense of discontentment against the ruling Congress government in the state," a press statement issued by combined media secretary Kaling Jerang said.
"Such a strategy is the need of hour and the combined force will defeat the Congress policy of divide and rule and help forming a very vibrant, transparent and secular municipality in Itanagar," Jerang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round