NCP demands action against MLA for comments on stray dogs
Shillong: The Meghalaya state unit of the NCP on Tuesday sought "disciplinary" action against the Punjab Congress MLA for his comments that stray dogs be sent to North-East even as they demanded public apology from the legislator.
"We demand strict disciplinary action from the Congress party for making such a statement which is derogatory," state Working President of the NCP, Clifford Nengnong said in a statement today.
The NCP Meghalaya unit demanded an immediate apology to the people of the NE from the Congress MLA, he said.
Condemning the statements made on the floor of the House in Punjab, Nengnong said the statement was "reckless" and "unbecoming" which hurts the sentiments of the people of the region.
Congress MLA Ajit Singh Mofar had moved a resolution in the Punjab Assembly on June 28, seeking to tackle stray dogs menace in the state by sending them to China, Nagaland and Mizoram for "whatever they do to them."
"We can make arrangements to catch such dogs, put them in jungle or zoos. Maybe we can then send them to Nagaland, Mizoram and China where they are more needed," he had said in a veiled reference to the practice in some communities in Northeastern states where dogs are killed for their meat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview