NCP demands Cong to take responsibility for clash
Itanagar: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded Congress leadership to take responsibility for the incident of violence that led to the death of a person at Koloriang in Kurung Kumey district.
Bengia Tamang died of his head injuries on the day of scrutiny following clashes between supporters of two ZPM candidates who filed their papers for Koloriang zila parishad under Congress tickets on April 25.
"Had the party leadership at the behest of the local MLA not constituted two Ticket Distribution Committees the clash within the premises of Returning Officer leading to the death of an innocent person would not have occurred," NCP state president Kahfa Bengia claimed in a statement here today.
Drawing the attention of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President Mukut Mithi, Bengia appealed for immediate cancellation of the party ticket and allow the Independent candidates to contest the election.
"Such a step will diffuse the tense," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened