NCP demands Cong to take responsibility for clash
Itanagar: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded Congress leadership to take responsibility for the incident of violence that led to the death of a person at Koloriang in Kurung Kumey district.
Bengia Tamang died of his head injuries on the day of scrutiny following clashes between supporters of two ZPM candidates who filed their papers for Koloriang zila parishad under Congress tickets on April 25.
"Had the party leadership at the behest of the local MLA not constituted two Ticket Distribution Committees the clash within the premises of Returning Officer leading to the death of an innocent person would not have occurred," NCP state president Kahfa Bengia claimed in a statement here today.
Drawing the attention of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President Mukut Mithi, Bengia appealed for immediate cancellation of the party ticket and allow the Independent candidates to contest the election.
"Such a step will diffuse the tense," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened