NCP demands Cong to take responsibility for clash
Itanagar: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded Congress leadership to take responsibility for the incident of violence that led to the death of a person at Koloriang in Kurung Kumey district.
Bengia Tamang died of his head injuries on the day of scrutiny following clashes between supporters of two ZPM candidates who filed their papers for Koloriang zila parishad under Congress tickets on April 25.
"Had the party leadership at the behest of the local MLA not constituted two Ticket Distribution Committees the clash within the premises of Returning Officer leading to the death of an innocent person would not have occurred," NCP state president Kahfa Bengia claimed in a statement here today.
Drawing the attention of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President Mukut Mithi, Bengia appealed for immediate cancellation of the party ticket and allow the Independent candidates to contest the election.
"Such a step will diffuse the tense," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'