NCP demands Cong to take responsibility for clash
Itanagar: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded Congress leadership to take responsibility for the incident of violence that led to the death of a person at Koloriang in Kurung Kumey district.
Bengia Tamang died of his head injuries on the day of scrutiny following clashes between supporters of two ZPM candidates who filed their papers for Koloriang zila parishad under Congress tickets on April 25.
"Had the party leadership at the behest of the local MLA not constituted two Ticket Distribution Committees the clash within the premises of Returning Officer leading to the death of an innocent person would not have occurred," NCP state president Kahfa Bengia claimed in a statement here today.
Drawing the attention of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President Mukut Mithi, Bengia appealed for immediate cancellation of the party ticket and allow the Independent candidates to contest the election.
"Such a step will diffuse the tense," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools
- In a country wary of migrants, Pope tells Poles to welcome refugees
- Want soft and smooth heels? Try these five easy home remedies!
- Former football stars Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs unveil Manchester building plan
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda