NCP demands enquiry into Khandu chopper crash
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of NCP
has demanded a high level enquiry into the April 30 chopper
crash which claimed the life of former chief minister Dorjee
Khandu and four others on board.
NCP state president Ngurang Pinch in a communique here
on Saturday alleged that instead of early efforts, the state
government waited for the satellite image, other aerial survey
result knowing fully well that the haze and mist were making
it impossible for the air surveys to find anything.
"The entire state was made to suffer from tension and
uncertainty for virtually a week for the lack of common sense
or may be the lack of proper attitude on the part of the
administration to deal with such cases," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers