NCP demands sanction of prosecution of PDS scam accused
Itanagar: The NCP in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded that the state government immediately grant sanction for prosecution of all the 44 public servants accused
in the multi crore PDS scam, which the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) has been seeking.
The party also demanded that the government explain the reasons behind the delay to comply with the request sought by the SIC and questioned by the High Court, the NCP said in a statement today.
It urged the SIC to lodge a complaint against the government in court for non cooperation and obstruction in the process of investigation.
It, however, expressed concern on the `revelation` that the SIC did not seek police remand for custodial interrogation of the accused who were on bail.
"Such attitude of the SIC forces one to doubt its integrity and impartiality, especially after the sudden arrest of former chief minister Gegong Apang," the party said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards