NCP demands sanction of prosecution of PDS scam accused
Itanagar: The NCP in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded that the state government immediately grant sanction for prosecution of all the 44 public servants accused
in the multi crore PDS scam, which the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) has been seeking.
The party also demanded that the government explain the reasons behind the delay to comply with the request sought by the SIC and questioned by the High Court, the NCP said in a statement today.
It urged the SIC to lodge a complaint against the government in court for non cooperation and obstruction in the process of investigation.
It, however, expressed concern on the `revelation` that the SIC did not seek police remand for custodial interrogation of the accused who were on bail.
"Such attitude of the SIC forces one to doubt its integrity and impartiality, especially after the sudden arrest of former chief minister Gegong Apang," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption