NCP demands sanction of prosecution of PDS scam accused
Itanagar: The NCP in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded that the state government immediately grant sanction for prosecution of all the 44 public servants accused
in the multi crore PDS scam, which the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) has been seeking.
The party also demanded that the government explain the reasons behind the delay to comply with the request sought by the SIC and questioned by the High Court, the NCP said in a statement today.
It urged the SIC to lodge a complaint against the government in court for non cooperation and obstruction in the process of investigation.
It, however, expressed concern on the `revelation` that the SIC did not seek police remand for custodial interrogation of the accused who were on bail.
"Such attitude of the SIC forces one to doubt its integrity and impartiality, especially after the sudden arrest of former chief minister Gegong Apang," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS