NCP demands sanction of prosecution of PDS scam accused
Itanagar: The NCP in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded that the state government immediately grant sanction for prosecution of all the 44 public servants accused
in the multi crore PDS scam, which the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) has been seeking.
The party also demanded that the government explain the reasons behind the delay to comply with the request sought by the SIC and questioned by the High Court, the NCP said in a statement today.
It urged the SIC to lodge a complaint against the government in court for non cooperation and obstruction in the process of investigation.
It, however, expressed concern on the `revelation` that the SIC did not seek police remand for custodial interrogation of the accused who were on bail.
"Such attitude of the SIC forces one to doubt its integrity and impartiality, especially after the sudden arrest of former chief minister Gegong Apang," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS
- New Hyundai Elantra launched in India: Know all about price, features
- Shocking! Indian surgeons remove 40 knives from cop's stomach (Watch)
- India in talks with Singapore to amend DTAA provisions: CBDT
- NSG chief reveals IED was found in DRDO Bhawan