NCP supports solution to Naga problem: Patel
Kohima: Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise, Praful Patel has said that his party, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), supported a solution to the vexed Naga political issue.
Patel, who is also the national general secretary of NCP, was addressing party workers in Dimapur yesterday.
Nagaland NCP president Neiba Ndang told PTI over phone today that responding to the views expressed by him and other party members, for an early settlement of the Naga political issue, Patel assured that NCP under the leadership of Sharad Pawar fully supports a solution of the issue that has been dragging on for years.
Criticising the ruling NPF led DAN (Democratic Alliance of Nagaland) coalition which won a thumping victory during the February assembly elections, he said that the state`s finical situation was "not very happy" as "public finances were completely running dry".
NCP has been extending outside support to the DAN ministry.
He also claimed that NCP chief and Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar and other NCP leaders at the centre, have been taking `extraordinary effort` to see that the interest of progress and development in Nagaland was protected.
He encouraged party workers to strengthen the organization in every district as the NCP aimed to contest in all 60 assembly seats in the next election so as to form the government on its own or as a major coalition partner.
On the revival of the Tuli Paper Mill, for which he also reportedly had a meeting with the officials of the only industry in the state yesterday, Patel said that Rs. 100 crores of the total revival cost of Rs. 489 crores had already been given by the Centre to set the process of revival in motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report