NCP supports solution to Naga problem: Patel
Kohima: Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise, Praful Patel has said that his party, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), supported a solution to the vexed Naga political issue.
Patel, who is also the national general secretary of NCP, was addressing party workers in Dimapur yesterday.
Nagaland NCP president Neiba Ndang told PTI over phone today that responding to the views expressed by him and other party members, for an early settlement of the Naga political issue, Patel assured that NCP under the leadership of Sharad Pawar fully supports a solution of the issue that has been dragging on for years.
Criticising the ruling NPF led DAN (Democratic Alliance of Nagaland) coalition which won a thumping victory during the February assembly elections, he said that the state`s finical situation was "not very happy" as "public finances were completely running dry".
NCP has been extending outside support to the DAN ministry.
He also claimed that NCP chief and Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar and other NCP leaders at the centre, have been taking `extraordinary effort` to see that the interest of progress and development in Nagaland was protected.
He encouraged party workers to strengthen the organization in every district as the NCP aimed to contest in all 60 assembly seats in the next election so as to form the government on its own or as a major coalition partner.
On the revival of the Tuli Paper Mill, for which he also reportedly had a meeting with the officials of the only industry in the state yesterday, Patel said that Rs. 100 crores of the total revival cost of Rs. 489 crores had already been given by the Centre to set the process of revival in motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing