NCP supports solution to Naga problem: Praful Patel
Kohima: Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise Praful Patel has said that his party, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), supported a solution to the vexed Naga political issue.
Patel, who is also the national general secretary of NCP, was addressing party workers in Dimapur yesterday.
Nagaland NCP president Neiba Ndang told a news agency over phone today that responding to the views expressed by him and other party members, for an early settlement of the Naga political issue, Patel assured that NCP under the leadership of Sharad Pawar fully supports a solution of the issue that has been dragging on for years.
Criticising the ruling NPF led DAN (Democratic Alliance of Nagaland) coalition which won a thumping victory during the February assembly elections, he said that the state`s finical situation was "not very happy" as "public finances were completely running dry".
The NCP has been extending outside support to the DAN ministry.
He also claimed that NCP chief and Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar and other NCP leaders at the centre, have been taking "extraordinary effort" to see that the interest of progress and development in Nagaland was protected.
He encouraged party workers to strengthen the organisation in every district as the NCP aimed to contest in all 60 Assembly seats in the next election so as to form the government on its own or as a major coalition partner.
On the revival of the Tuli Paper Mill, for which he also reportedly had a meeting with the officials of the only industry in the state yesterday, Patel said that Rs 100 crores of the total revival cost of Rs 489 crores had already been given by the Centre to set the process of revival in motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list