NCPCR advocates for multi-pronged strategy
Itanagar: National Commission for Protection of Child Right (NCPCR) Chairperson Shantha Sinha on Friday advocated for a multi-pronged strategy to change the mindset of the people in protecting the rights of the children in Arunachal Pradesh.
"We will have to collaborate with all stakeholders for taking up the issues of children rights violations in the state," she told a press conference here this morning.
Sinha made it clear that any complaints of violation of children rights in the state would be addressed and the commission would ensure for their time-bound redressal.
She informed that NCPCR had already constituted a separate NorthEast cell in its headquarters at Delhi to monitor and take up child right violation in the region.
Terming the Juvenile Justice system in Arunachal as `weak`, Sinha lamented that constitution of Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), which is mandatory as per Supreme Court order, remained only in papers in the state.
"We are planning to appoint a representative from the commission in Arunachal to take care of all violation of children rights and to report to the commission," she said.
Sinha during her interaction with government officials here yesterday expressed concern over the traditional child marriage practice still prevalent in some areas of the state.
"The prevailing customary laws and traditions in Arunachal Pradesh are creating confusion in protecting children rights," she said and advocated for mass awareness among the people to overcome this.
"We must not tolerate violence on our girl child through the social evil of child marriage that violates child rights," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi