NCW to set up North East cell
Guwahati: The National Commission for Women (NCW) will establish a cell in the North-East considering cases related to the region.
"A decision to set up a North East Cell in NCW was taken in an interactive meeting of NCW with chairperson of North East Region recently at Imphal," an official release said.
NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma said people of North East, particularly women, would benefit from the Cell as they will be able to directly contact it to lodge grievances.
The meeting at Manipur capital was attended by chairpersons and member-secretaries of different state commissions like Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Assam.
"In addition, NCW also held a public hearing with the women traders of Ima Keithel (Mother Market), wherein their problems and issues were discussed during the interaction," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof