NDFB again threatens security forces, non-Bodos
Guwahati: The banned NDFB today again
threatened retaliation if security forces and people of other
communities residing in Bodo-dominated areas in Assam
committed any "crime" against the locals.
"Any mistake or crime against the Bodos by the
security forces or non-Bodo people living in Bodo-inhabited
areas will not be tolerated," NDFB`s `organising secretary` B
Noison said in a statement sent to media houses here.
"We also appeal to all frontal organisations of the
Bodos like Bodo Sahitya Sabha and others to take the
initiative of uniting the people," he said.
He claimed that security forces had killed many
innocent Bodo people in the name of carrying out operations
against the NDFB.
"When one NDFB member is killed, hundreds come to join
the organisation and as such the government should take a
lesson from this and take the initiative to solve the Bodo
issue," he said.
"After the arrest of our chairman Ranjan Daimary, we
remained quiet during which the security forces took advantage
to kill or nab our cadres," he claimed.
"Keeping quiet for sometime should not be interpreted
as our weakness but this may lead to violent incidents for
which the government and security forces will be only
responsible and to blame," Noison warned.
The NDFB had earlier issued a threat that if one of
their cadres was killed, at least 20 people -- security forces
or civilians -- would be killed and they carried out their
threat killing 24 people since November 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case