NDFB again threatens security forces, non-Bodos
Guwahati: The banned NDFB today again
threatened retaliation if security forces and people of other
communities residing in Bodo-dominated areas in Assam
committed any "crime" against the locals.
"Any mistake or crime against the Bodos by the
security forces or non-Bodo people living in Bodo-inhabited
areas will not be tolerated," NDFB`s `organising secretary` B
Noison said in a statement sent to media houses here.
"We also appeal to all frontal organisations of the
Bodos like Bodo Sahitya Sabha and others to take the
initiative of uniting the people," he said.
He claimed that security forces had killed many
innocent Bodo people in the name of carrying out operations
against the NDFB.
"When one NDFB member is killed, hundreds come to join
the organisation and as such the government should take a
lesson from this and take the initiative to solve the Bodo
issue," he said.
"After the arrest of our chairman Ranjan Daimary, we
remained quiet during which the security forces took advantage
to kill or nab our cadres," he claimed.
"Keeping quiet for sometime should not be interpreted
as our weakness but this may lead to violent incidents for
which the government and security forces will be only
responsible and to blame," Noison warned.
The NDFB had earlier issued a threat that if one of
their cadres was killed, at least 20 people -- security forces
or civilians -- would be killed and they carried out their
threat killing 24 people since November 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users