NDFB chairman gets bail in Bhimjuli massacre case
Biswanath Chariali (Assam): A local court
here on Tuesday granted bail to NDFB chairman Ranjan Daimary in
connection with the 2009 Bhimajuli massacre case.
The Biswanath Chariali sub-division court granted
Daimary bail with the government pleader not objecting to the
plea for it.
Daimary will, however, continue to be behind bars
because he has several other cases pending against him in
various courts of the state.
The case was registered against Daimary in connection
with the massacre of 12 people, including women and children,
by the NDFB led by him at Bhimajuli in Sonitpur district along
the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border in October 2009.
The government has recently not been objecting to jailed
ULFA and NDFB top leaders` bail pleas to pave way for peace
talks with the outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest