NDFB militant killed, 3 youths with explosives nabbed
Guwahati: A NDFB militant was killed in an
encounter with security forces, while three youths have been
nabbed along with huge quantities of arms and ammunitions in
Assam on Monday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the police and army
launched an operation in Santipur village along the
Indo-Bhutan border in Chirang district and killed a NDFB
militant belonging to the anti-talk faction in an encounter.
The security forces recovered a 9 mm pistol, a magazine,
three rounds of live ammunitions and some extortion notes,
In another incident, army personnel nabbed three youths
with explosives at Sadiya in Tinsukia district.
The security forces recovered 12 detonators, six gelatine
sticks and fuse wires, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress