NDFB militant killed, another militant surrenders
Guwahati: A hardcore NDFB militant was
killed in an encounter with a joint team of Army and police
personnel in Kokrajhar district of Assam on Wednesday, official
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of three NDFB
militants in Kokrajhar district, a joint operation was
launched by the Army and police, the sources said.
An encounter followed in which a militant belonging to
the anti-talk faction of the outfit was killed while two
others managed to escape.
A 9 mm pistol with live ammunition and a Chinese
grenade was recovered from the slain militant.
Meanwhile, another NDFB militant of the anti-talk
faction surrendered before CRPF personnel here today.
The militant, identified as Sarbanada Chilarai,
surrendered at the CRPF camp in Noonmati area of the city
with arms and ammunition, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered