NDFB violence toll rises to 24
Guwahati: Violence by the banned NDFB
entered the third day Wednesday as a Hindi-speaking woman was shot dead in Kokrajhar district taking the toll to 24, even as the
ultras fired at the security forces in Sonitpur, police said.
A group of NDFB (Anti-talk) faction rebels knocked on
the door of one Kalabati Chauhan`s house around 1.30 am at
Jamguri. As she opened the door, they pumped bullets into her
and fled, they said.
Meanwhile, another group of NDFB members fired upon
security forces, during a search and combing operation against
the outfit, near Dihing Tea estate around 11 am before fleeing
towards neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh, police said, adding,
no injury or casualty was reported in the firing.
A review meeting of the strategy group of the Unified
Command Structure held here yesterday had decided to intensify
the operations against the insurgents with special attention
to the Assam-Arunachal border areas where they operate,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory