NDFB violence toll rises to 24
Guwahati: Violence by the banned NDFB
entered the third day Wednesday as a Hindi-speaking woman was shot dead in Kokrajhar district taking the toll to 24, even as the
ultras fired at the security forces in Sonitpur, police said.
A group of NDFB (Anti-talk) faction rebels knocked on
the door of one Kalabati Chauhan`s house around 1.30 am at
Jamguri. As she opened the door, they pumped bullets into her
and fled, they said.
Meanwhile, another group of NDFB members fired upon
security forces, during a search and combing operation against
the outfit, near Dihing Tea estate around 11 am before fleeing
towards neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh, police said, adding,
no injury or casualty was reported in the firing.
A review meeting of the strategy group of the Unified
Command Structure held here yesterday had decided to intensify
the operations against the insurgents with special attention
to the Assam-Arunachal border areas where they operate,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr