NE: Footbridge collapses, American couple injured
Shillong: An American couple and 35 other people sustained minor injuries when a footbridge
collapsed in Meghalaya`s remote East Garo Hills district, police said.
The American couple -- Marisa Staten and her husband Verbor Staten -- were missionaries and were crossing the
bridge over Didram river yesterday, they said.
While Marisa sustained injuries on the back, her
husband received minor injuries, police said.
Marisa and the other injured were admitted to a hospital in Goalpara district of Assam. However, Marisa was later shifted to Down Town Hospital.
The 25 persons who were admitted to hospital at Goalpara were discharged last evening while the rest will be
released today, district administrator Vijay Mantri said.
He said none of the injured were critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah