NE: Footbridge collapses, American couple injured
Shillong: An American couple and 35 other people sustained minor injuries when a footbridge
collapsed in Meghalaya`s remote East Garo Hills district, police said.
The American couple -- Marisa Staten and her husband Verbor Staten -- were missionaries and were crossing the
bridge over Didram river yesterday, they said.
While Marisa sustained injuries on the back, her
husband received minor injuries, police said.
Marisa and the other injured were admitted to a hospital in Goalpara district of Assam. However, Marisa was later shifted to Down Town Hospital.
The 25 persons who were admitted to hospital at Goalpara were discharged last evening while the rest will be
released today, district administrator Vijay Mantri said.
He said none of the injured were critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what