NE: Footbridge collapses, American couple injured
Shillong: An American couple and 35 other people sustained minor injuries when a footbridge
collapsed in Meghalaya`s remote East Garo Hills district, police said.
The American couple -- Marisa Staten and her husband Verbor Staten -- were missionaries and were crossing the
bridge over Didram river yesterday, they said.
While Marisa sustained injuries on the back, her
husband received minor injuries, police said.
Marisa and the other injured were admitted to a hospital in Goalpara district of Assam. However, Marisa was later shifted to Down Town Hospital.
The 25 persons who were admitted to hospital at Goalpara were discharged last evening while the rest will be
released today, district administrator Vijay Mantri said.
He said none of the injured were critical.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know