NE: Four members of a family found dead
Itanagar: Four members of a family have been killed at Namsing village in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The members, including father, mother, son and daughter, were found murdered, 3 km away from their house on Monday evening, a delayed official report said here today.
The victims have been identified as Sultan Ali (45), Momina Begum (35), Moinul Ali (17) and Apsana Begum (12).
All four members of the family had reportedly gone missing on Saturday midnight and had perhaps been killed after their abduction. Their bodies were recovered from different locations, some 100m away from each corpse, the report said.
The police has launched a manhunt to nab the murderers, the report said.
Meanwhile, local MLA Ralom Borang and ZPM of Monggu-Banggo, Tokram Yirang strongly condemned the killing and extended help in transporting the bodies to their native place at Sadiya in Assam.
Borang said that every effort would be made to nab the offenders of the crime at the earliest possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city