NE Home Secys and DGPs meet in Guwahati on Friday
New Delhi: To formulate effective counter-
insurgency operations in the North-east, the Centre is
convening a meeting of Home Secretaries and DGPs of the region
in Guwahati on Friday.
The meeting will facilitate interaction between
North-eastern states to coordinate in dealing with the
militant groups operating in their states and formulate
effective counter-insurgency operations.
"The meeting will be attended by the Home Secretaries and
Directors General of Police of the region," a Home Ministry
Senior Home Ministry officials will also attend the
The officials would also discuss issues relating to
modernisation of state police forces, rehabilitation of
surrendered militants, filling up of vacancies/sanction of
additional posts in the state police forces, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday