NE MLAs demand investigation into threat letter
Itanagar: A group of 12 legislators from
the insurgency-hit Tirap and Changlang districts of Arunachal Pradesh Thursday pleaded Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh to order an investigation into the letter allegedly issued by NSCN (K)
directing them to withdraw support from the Dorjee Khandu
The legislators who called on the governor requested
him to immediately order a highest level investigation about
the authenticity of the letter to avoid any disruption in the
continuing development process and for maintaining peace in
these two districts, official sources informed.
"While the authenticity of the source of the letter is
yet to be ascertained, we feel that some politically motivated groups are involved in publishing such letter taking into account the vulnerable situation in these two districts," officials said.
Stating that the development process cannot be allowed to be disrupted, the Governor assured all possible steps to
ensure peace in both the districts, sources informed adding
the Governor also assured them to order a high-level probe.
Meanwhile, reacting to the reported diktat from the
NSCN (K) to the legislators of the two districts, Khonsa-based
Nocte Chiefs` Council (NCC) president Khamwang Lowang has
urged the outfit to withdraw its directive to avoid any
disruption in continuing the development process as well as in
maintaining peace and tranquillity in the both the districts.
In a written statement, Lowang said that the
legislators are democratically elected and represent the
people of their respective constituency to work for the
development of the people.
"Such an act may send a wrong signal to the public and
damage the image of the leaders as well as the people," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened