NE MLAs demand investigation into threat letter
Itanagar: A group of 12 legislators from
the insurgency-hit Tirap and Changlang districts of Arunachal Pradesh Thursday pleaded Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh to order an investigation into the letter allegedly issued by NSCN (K)
directing them to withdraw support from the Dorjee Khandu
The legislators who called on the governor requested
him to immediately order a highest level investigation about
the authenticity of the letter to avoid any disruption in the
continuing development process and for maintaining peace in
these two districts, official sources informed.
"While the authenticity of the source of the letter is
yet to be ascertained, we feel that some politically motivated groups are involved in publishing such letter taking into account the vulnerable situation in these two districts," officials said.
Stating that the development process cannot be allowed to be disrupted, the Governor assured all possible steps to
ensure peace in both the districts, sources informed adding
the Governor also assured them to order a high-level probe.
Meanwhile, reacting to the reported diktat from the
NSCN (K) to the legislators of the two districts, Khonsa-based
Nocte Chiefs` Council (NCC) president Khamwang Lowang has
urged the outfit to withdraw its directive to avoid any
disruption in continuing the development process as well as in
maintaining peace and tranquillity in the both the districts.
In a written statement, Lowang said that the
legislators are democratically elected and represent the
people of their respective constituency to work for the
development of the people.
"Such an act may send a wrong signal to the public and
damage the image of the leaders as well as the people," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM