NE people start returning to other states: BJP
Shillong: North-East students and professionals, who had fled Maharashtra and Karnataka and other states, have begun returning to their respective workplace and institutions, a goodwill team of the BJP touring the NE region said on Monday.
"The reverse process has begun," Raj K Purohit, chief of the Mumbai unit of the party, told reporters here.
"A special train has been arranged for September 01 from Guwahati to Bangalore specially to carry those who want to return to their respective places," he said.
Nalin Satyakam Kohli, member of the national executive committee of the BJP, said his party was reaching out to people of the region in an effort to build up confidence.
"We request students and professionals to return as action is being taken against the guilty," he said. The party had set up a helpline (9313292915) for assistance to the people of the region pursuing their studies or profession in other parts of the country.
Stating that malacious rumous were sent from Pakistan soil leading to the exodus of panic-stricken northeasterners from South Indian states, Purohit said his party would hold an interaction with the students from the region studying at Mumbai on September O2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray