NE people start returning to other states: BJP
Shillong: North-East students and professionals, who had fled Maharashtra and Karnataka and other states, have begun returning to their respective workplace and institutions, a goodwill team of the BJP touring the NE region said on Monday.
"The reverse process has begun," Raj K Purohit, chief of the Mumbai unit of the party, told reporters here.
"A special train has been arranged for September 01 from Guwahati to Bangalore specially to carry those who want to return to their respective places," he said.
Nalin Satyakam Kohli, member of the national executive committee of the BJP, said his party was reaching out to people of the region in an effort to build up confidence.
"We request students and professionals to return as action is being taken against the guilty," he said. The party had set up a helpline (9313292915) for assistance to the people of the region pursuing their studies or profession in other parts of the country.
Stating that malacious rumous were sent from Pakistan soil leading to the exodus of panic-stricken northeasterners from South Indian states, Purohit said his party would hold an interaction with the students from the region studying at Mumbai on September O2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack