NE: Tea garden manager abducted by gunmen
Itanagar: A tea garden manager has been allegedly abducted from Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh by unidentified gunmen, police sources said Friday.
CN Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom, owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein, was abducted at gunpoint from his home at around 7.30 PM on Wednesday when he was alone at his home, they said.
Three kidnappers armed with AK series weapon entered the house and abducted him.
The armed men allegedly identified themselves as members of NSCN but police sources ruled out the possibility of their involvement.
The police doubt the involvement of ULFA or United Peoples? Democratic Front (UPDF), active in the district.
A massive combing operation by police, army and CRPF personnel is being done at Namsai in Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh to trace out the abducted tea garden manager.
The combing operation is still on, however, there is no claim from any quarter taking responsibility of the incident, Lohit Deputy Commissioner R K Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog