NE: Two held in minor girl`s trafficking case
Itanagar: East Siang Police have arrested two persons, including the prime accused in trafficking and rape of a minor girl missing since January 26.
The arrest was made on Wednesday, a couple of days after agitating women`s organizations staged demonstration in front of the local police station demanding the police to immediately nab the alleged rapist and not to release the minor?s trafficker on bail.
Pasighat police station OC D Yosung informed today that the main accused Okep Jamoh and one Senorita Tayeng have been arrested on Wednesday evening.
The 13-year-old girl, a Class-V student of Jarku village school, was found three days after she went missing on Janury 26.
She was allegedly trafficked by one Kine Mitkong (already arrested on January 30), who had forced the minor to have physical relationship with the 62-year-old Okep Jamoh, in exchange of money.
Meanwhile, the agitating women`s organizations has lauded the police for arresting the prime accused in the heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?