NE ultra outfits call for boycott of R Day
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA
along with five insurgent outfits of the North East on Saturday
jointly called for a boycott of Republic Day celebrations and
a general `shut-down` on that day in the region.
A customary `mass boycott` was called by ULFA,
Coordination Committee of Manipur`s Seven Parties, Hynnewtrep
National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamatapur Liberation
Organisation (KLO), National Liberation Front of Tripura
(NLFT) and Tripura Peoples Democratic Front (TPDF).
A 17 and a half hour general shut-down was also
called from 1 am to 5.30 pm on the day, said ULFA (Paresh
Baruah) assistant information and publicity secretary
Arunudoy Asom in an e-mail to PTI here.
Emergency measures, essential services, media and
religious activities were, however, exempted from the purview
of the shut down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state