NEC approves floodlights for JN stadium, Shillong
Shillong: The North Eastern Council has
approved funding for construction of Rs 5-crore floodlighting
system at J N Stadium in Shillong as part of the council`s
scheme for promoting sporting activities in the region.
"The NEC has sanctioned Rs 5 crore to install
floodlighting system and the first installment of Rs 1.8 crore
will be released soon," NEC officials said.
The floodlighting system will be an additional boost
to football in the state as the government had recently
completed laying of artificial turf at the stadium for
NEC has expressed its disapproval for getting DPRs
very late from Meghalaya government.
While NEC had asked for DPR from the government since
2010, the same was submitted only recently which resulted in
late sanctioning of the project, the official said.
"In fact, we got DPR only in December and a
clarification on some of the items quoted by January second
week," the official said.
Meghalaya which is dominating football scenario in NE,
has two astro-turf football pitches, one sponsored by FIFA and
the other funded by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read