Need 8 new ITBP battalions for state: Arunachal CM to Rajnath
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki Monday said he has urged the Union Home Ministry to set up eight more new ITBP battalions in the state.
Tuki said this during a discussion with Inspector General of ITBP R K D Singh and DIG Ajay Pal Singh, when the duo called on him here on the issue of land for setting up of an ITBP training centre and briefed him about various activities of the paramilitary force, an official release informed.
One reserve battalion near the state capital in Papum Pare district would be kept for meeting any exigency relating to law and order problems, he said.
The Chief Minister told both officers that he has written to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to shift the ITBP headquarters from Shillong to Itanagar on administrative grounds and for smooth movement for forces, the release said.
Tuki assured them of allotment about 35 hectares of land in Bhalukpong area in West Kameng district where an ITBP training centre has been proposed. ITBP already has a training centre at Kimin.
After the senior officers highlighted ITBP`s growing requirement of personnel with more border posts coming up, the Chief Minister sought their support for conducting recruitment drives in the state, the release said.
Tuki also said he had requested the Union MoS (Home Affairs), in a letter, for relaxing height and qualification for youths from the state and a special quota for the state`s sports persons in future recruitments by the ITBP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court