Need to address Assam-Arunachal border dispute: Byaling
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is facing boundary disputes along 792 square kilometer area, it shares with neighbouring Assam, Home Minister Tanga Byaling has said.
Responding to a question raised by BJP member Japu Deru in the house during question hour yesterday, the minister informed that the most affected areas in the state include, Tarasso, Kimin, Likabali, Kangku, Bhalukpong, Seijosa and Khamku Rusa.
The inter-state boundary between the tri-junction of Bhutan, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh upto the right bank of Subansiri river except some portion in Papum Pare district was demarcated during 1971-73," the minister said.
“Various tribes of the state exercised traditional customary rights over adjoining plains of Assam which was duly acknowledged by Ahom rulers and Britishers through payment of POSA and thereafter, claims for adjustment of territory made by Arunachal is based on historical facts and traditional rights of the people over land in disputed areas,” he claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know