Neiphiu Rio resigns as NERPF convenor
Kohima: Member of Parliament from Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio has tendered his resignation as the Convener of the North East Regional Political Forum (NERPF).
In a letter addressed to Atul Bora, Co-Convener of the NERPF, Rio accepted responsibility for certain "setbacks" faced by the NERPF.
He stated that the failure of the AGP-BJP alliance to materialise and the Peoples` Party of Arunachal voting against the NDA in the Rajya Sabha elections "have contradicted the stand of the NERPF in supporting the NDA."
Rio said that the NERPF had declared its support to the NDA before the Lok Sabha elections on March 27 at Dimapur in the presence of Bijoya Chakraborty, National Vice President, BJP. In turn, he stated that the NERPF has been "well received by the NDA leaders."
Despite tendering his resignation, Rio assured that he would extend his cooperation and support for "any matter that is in the interest of the people of the region and the country in the years to come."
Rio expressed confidence that NERPF Co-convener, Atul Bora would be able to provide "able leadership in whatever capacity for the people of Assam and the region."
Rio`s resignation was signed on July 3 while it was made available to the media today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur