Neiphiu Rio to be sworn in as Nagaland CM on Tuesday
Kohima: Neiphiu Rio will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third consecutive term on March 5 at the Raj Bhavan here, official sources said on Sunday.
Governor Nikhil Kumar will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Rio, who was earlier elected as leader of the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) legislature party, and 11 cabinet ministers.
The list of the cabinet ministers is likely to be submitted to the Governor by tomorrow, the sources said.
The Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led DAN, having 40 elected members, along with the support of seven Independents, had staked claim to form the government yesterday.
Rio is the only leader to have led the regional party to victory in the Assembly elections for the third time in the 50-year history of Nagaland statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!