Neiphiu Rio to be sworn in as Nagaland CM on Tuesday
Kohima: Neiphiu Rio will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third consecutive term on March 5 at the Raj Bhavan here, official sources said on Sunday.
Governor Nikhil Kumar will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Rio, who was earlier elected as leader of the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) legislature party, and 11 cabinet ministers.
The list of the cabinet ministers is likely to be submitted to the Governor by tomorrow, the sources said.
The Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led DAN, having 40 elected members, along with the support of seven Independents, had staked claim to form the government yesterday.
Rio is the only leader to have led the regional party to victory in the Assembly elections for the third time in the 50-year history of Nagaland statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4