Neiphiu Rio to be sworn in as Nagaland CM on Tuesday
Kohima: Neiphiu Rio will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third consecutive term on March 5 at the Raj Bhavan here, official sources said on Sunday.
Governor Nikhil Kumar will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Rio, who was earlier elected as leader of the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) legislature party, and 11 cabinet ministers.
The list of the cabinet ministers is likely to be submitted to the Governor by tomorrow, the sources said.
The Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led DAN, having 40 elected members, along with the support of seven Independents, had staked claim to form the government yesterday.
Rio is the only leader to have led the regional party to victory in the Assembly elections for the third time in the 50-year history of Nagaland statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?