Neiphiu Rio to be sworn in as Nagaland CM on Tuesday
Kohima: Neiphiu Rio will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third consecutive term on March 5 at the Raj Bhavan here, official sources said on Sunday.
Governor Nikhil Kumar will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Rio, who was earlier elected as leader of the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) legislature party, and 11 cabinet ministers.
The list of the cabinet ministers is likely to be submitted to the Governor by tomorrow, the sources said.
The Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led DAN, having 40 elected members, along with the support of seven Independents, had staked claim to form the government yesterday.
Rio is the only leader to have led the regional party to victory in the Assembly elections for the third time in the 50-year history of Nagaland statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof