NERPF to chalk out common minimum programme for coming polls
Kohima: The newly constituted North East Regional Parties` Front (NERPF), comprising 10 regional parties, will soon chalk out a Common Minimum Programme (CMP) to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
A decision to this effect was taken during the first executive meeting of NERPF at Niathu in Dimapur district of Nagaland yesterday.
Addressing media persons last night after the marathon closed-door meeting, Convenor of NERPF and Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio, NERPF Chief Advisor and AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta and co-convenor NERPF and working President AGP, Atul Bora said forum would constitute a co-ordination committee with members from all 10 regional parties to assist each other in the ensuing Lok Sabha polls.
The leaders expressed confidence that NERPF would grow stronger and emerge victorious in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
Rio said, "NERPF is not a political party but a confederation of regional parties. We are going to work together to make the NE a regional stronghold. We have to protect the identity and uniqueness of each ethnic community in the North East."
On the outcome of the meeting, Rio said NERPF members had very good deliberation.
Acknowledging each regional party could have different issues, Rio said there are peoples` issues pertaining to regional problems.
Rio said NERPF delegates visit Delhi in the early 2014 to
brief the President, Prime Minister and government agencies relating to its 17-point resolutions and regional issues.
Terming Assam as the "mother" of NE states with 14 Lok Sabha seats, Rio maintained that for NERPF to survive, the regional parties have to make Assam "strong" by extending support to AGP.
The ten regional parties include Asom Gana Parisad (AGP), Naga People`s Front (NPF), United Democratic Party (UDP), Hill State People`s Democratic Party of Meghalaya (HSPDPM), Manipur People`s Party (MPP), Manipur State Congress Party (MSCP), Manipur Democratic People?s Front (MDPF), Mizo National Front (MNF), People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA), Indigenous People?s Front of Tripura (IPFT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail