New DGP appointed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya government on Friday appointed Peter James Pyngrope Hanneman as the new Director General of Police (DGP) in the state, official sources said.
The 1979 batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre IPS officer is expected to take charge on Monday.
Prior to his appointment as the DGP, Hanneman was posted in the Centre.
Meghalaya has been without a full-fledged DGP after Kulbir Krishan was removed from his post prior to the assembly election in February.
Krishan was removed on the instruction of the Election Commission after it received complaints against him from the State Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof