New DGP appointed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya government on Friday appointed Peter James Pyngrope Hanneman as the new Director General of Police (DGP) in the state, official sources said.
The 1979 batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre IPS officer is expected to take charge on Monday.
Prior to his appointment as the DGP, Hanneman was posted in the Centre.
Meghalaya has been without a full-fledged DGP after Kulbir Krishan was removed from his post prior to the assembly election in February.
Krishan was removed on the instruction of the Election Commission after it received complaints against him from the State Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'