New insurgent outfit in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is poised
with a new challenge with the formation of a new insurgent
outfit, with the nomenclature of United People`s Democratic
Official sources on Monday said that the outfit was formed
with the objective of creating an autonomous district
council (ADC) out of nine circles in Lohit and Changlang
districts of the state.
Commander-in-Chief Sumona Munglang, who had
escaped to Mumbai, returned to the state in early 2011 to form
the rebel group is reported to been associated with Dawood
Ibrahim during his stay in Mumbai, the sources said.
The outfit is estimated to have 50-70 cadre, many
of them armed with Chinese-made weapons, the sources said.
"We are on the lookout for Munglang, wanted for
several cases of crime including murder and bank fraud", Lohit
Deputy Commissioner said.
"The outfit was earlier known as Tai-Khampti
Liberation Front. Munglang was arrested for petty crimes in
2002 before he fled the state," Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble