New minister inducted in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday inducted a new minister in his Cabinet, an official said.
Naresh Chandra Jamatia, Communist Party of India-Marxist legislator and senior tribal leader, was inducted in the Left Front ministry at a simple ceremony at Raj Bhavan here.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar administered the oath of office and secrecy to Jamatia at the ceremony attended by Sarkar, his cabinet colleagues and other dignitaries.
Jamatia, 55, was inducted in place of Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Tripura East parliamentary constituency in the recent polls.
Jamatia was given charge of forest and rural development departments.
Besides, Sarkar re-allotted finance department to Information and Food Minister Bhanu Lal Saha, health department to Revenue and PWD Minister Badal Chowdhury and higher education, industries and commerce department to Law and School Education Minister Tapan Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...