New minister inducted in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday inducted a new minister in his Cabinet, an official said.
Naresh Chandra Jamatia, Communist Party of India-Marxist legislator and senior tribal leader, was inducted in the Left Front ministry at a simple ceremony at Raj Bhavan here.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar administered the oath of office and secrecy to Jamatia at the ceremony attended by Sarkar, his cabinet colleagues and other dignitaries.
Jamatia, 55, was inducted in place of Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Tripura East parliamentary constituency in the recent polls.
Jamatia was given charge of forest and rural development departments.
Besides, Sarkar re-allotted finance department to Information and Food Minister Bhanu Lal Saha, health department to Revenue and PWD Minister Badal Chowdhury and higher education, industries and commerce department to Law and School Education Minister Tapan Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding