New security advisor to Manipur Chief Minister
Imphal: Former Director General of Police (Jammu and Kashmir) Gopal Sharma on Saturday assumed charge as the security advisor to Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, officials said.
Sharma would advise the CM on all security issues in Manipur for a tenure of two years, they said.
He was appointed for the freshly-created post by a three-member panel as provided by the Centre in view of the increasing insurgency problem in this border state.
Sharma, a 1972 batch IPS officer, was security advisor to ormer Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Gulam Nabi Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!