Newborn baby buried alive in Tripura
Agartala: A newborn baby girl was buried alive by her mother in a village in Tripura, police said here Tuesday.
"Bulirani Paul, 48, buried her child alive immediately after her birth at Maharani village Monday," a police official said quoting Paul`s neighbours.
The official said the woman already has four sons and did not want a girl child.
Police are probing the incident at the village, 65 km south of Agartala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says