Newborn baby buried alive in Tripura
Agartala: A newborn baby girl was buried alive by her mother in a village in Tripura, police said here Tuesday.
"Bulirani Paul, 48, buried her child alive immediately after her birth at Maharani village Monday," a police official said quoting Paul`s neighbours.
The official said the woman already has four sons and did not want a girl child.
Police are probing the incident at the village, 65 km south of Agartala.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses