Newspapers fail to hit stands in Manipur
Imphal: Newspapers today failed to hit
the stands as the All Manipur Working Journalists Union
decided not to bring out the publications in the wake of
pressures by militant outfits, official reports said.
As one militant organisation, Kangleipak Communist
Party - Military Council (KCP-MC) wanted certain statement to
be published, it was objected to by their rival, the reports
In the course of the tussle between two factions, the
AMWJU decided not to publish the papers today.
A spokesman of the AMWJU appealed to the militant
outfits not to put pressure on newspapers regarding the issue
of publishing statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!