Next assembly poll to be tough, says Tripura CM
Agartala: CPI(M) politburo member and
Chief Minister of Tripura Manik Sarkar on Wednesday said the next
assembly elections slated for 2013 would be a tough challenge
for the party.
Addressing delegates in the 20th state party
conference on its concluding day, Sarkar said, "Definitely,
winning the next assembly election in the state would be a
tough challenge for the party. The entire party should work
hard to reinstate the seventh Left Front Government in the
state for giving relief to the people".
The 20th state conference dwelt extensively on
purification of the organization, weeding out corrupt and
unpopular elements and strong campaign to consolidate its
base, party spokesman Gautam Das said.
He said, in the past forty months since the 19th state
state conference was held, the party gained more
organizational and political strength.
The delegates who took part in discussion on state
secretary Bijan Dhar`s report focused on the preparation for
the next assembly polls, Das said adding the delegates felt
that more emphasis should be given on the local issues to woo
CPI-M Central Committee member, Bijan Dhar was re-elected
as the state party Secretary without major changes in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders